Our quick guide to keeping your bathroom squeaky clean
Getting yourself a stunning designer bathroom is just the start! Once you’ve got one, you’ll want to keep it looking immaculate, so knowing what it takes to keep your bathroom bright and clean is a vital part in ensuring that your bathroom space remains a stunning haven for relaxation. Showers, bathtubs, toilets and other surfaces require a bit of time and elbow grease to clean, and here at NPM Bathrooms, we’ve been bringing people’s dream bathrooms to life for more than 40 years. In that time, we’ve learned a thing or two about how best to keep your bathroom looking spic and span.
10 steps to a clean bathroom:
- Move all items out of their places – by removing all of your washing products from the shower and/or bathtub, you’ll expose all the dirty surfaces that are in need of a clean. This means shampoos, shower gels, shaving cream, moisturisers and so on, all of which need to be temporarily removed from the area.
- Dust your surfaces and sweep the floors – grab yourself a microfibre cloth and brush along all your fixtures to get all the small particles. Once you’ve finished, sweep or vacuum the floors to pick up any excess debris that may have accumulated.
- Cleanse the bath and/shower – if you own one, apply an all-purpose cleaner to your bath tub or shower cubicle, if not go for an acid-based cleaner (bleach) if you have a serious buildup in your shower. Don’t forget the shower track and inside the shower door, if applicable, and leave the cleanser to soak the surface while you complete any other tasks.
- Clean any surfaces – spray the all-purpose cleaner onto your surfaces, and wipe them down with a cloth. This includes towel racks, shelves, baseboards, doors, blinds and windowsills.
- Hit the shower and bathtub – by now, the cleaner will have done a lot of the work for you, allowing you to lightly scrub away loose dirt and buildup. Make sure you’re getting all your walls, floors and other surfaces clean before rinsing them!
- Finish off the shower and bath – replace all items you removed, wiping them if necessary as you go. If you do have a shower door, give it a quick going over with some glass polisher to give it a bit of extra shine.
- Clean the vanity area – spray the all-purpose cleaner on the sink, faucets and countertops, then wipe with a clean cloth. If needs be, use a scrubby brush to remove any limescale build up before rinsing. Wipe your mirror with your glass polisher, and you’ll have a nice clean reflection.
- Scrub the toilet – most likely everyone’s least favourite job! Start by spraying or sprinkling a toilet-specific cleaner into your toilet bowl, then scrub with a toilet brush before flushing. Finish the inside of your toilet off with a quick squirt of bleach around the inner rim, shut the lid, and spray down the outside of the toilet with the all-purpose cleaner, ensuring that you wipe it with a clean cloth.
- Freshen up – a little spray of air-freshener never goes amiss in the bathroom. Alternatively, consider some fragrant reed diffusers, or a lighting up a scented candle.
- Mop up – start by submerging your mop into a bucket of cleaning solution, squeeze out excess water, then clean the bathroom floor. Leave it to dry until you re-enter the room, or you’ll leave foot shaped prints on the floor (not to mention give yourself wet feet!).
Depending on what’s in your bathroom, and exactly how clean you want it to end up looking, you might spot one or two further little jobs you’d like to do along the way. Rest assured though, following this short guide of ours ensures you’ll definitely have all the basics covered, helping your delightful bathroom stay looking it’s best, as well as remain a hygienic space for you to relax in.
These cleaning techniques are universal, and can be used in any bathroom setting whether that be a sleek, contemporary, modern masterpiece, or a cosy, inviting classical design. If you’re thinking of giving your bathroom a full rework though, you’re in the right place.
Whatever your personal preferences on the style of your designer bathroom, we’re here to help make your dream bathroom a reality at NPM Bathrooms. Take a look at our customer bathrooms online or come down to our bathroom showroom on Manchester Road. Say hello to our team of experts if you pop by, and be sure to ask them any questions you might have about bathroom design. We’re always happy to help!
Stay In Touch
We’d love to keep you in the loop! Fill in your details below, and we’ll make sure to keep you posted on exclusive offers, news and updates.
General EnquiriesTel: 01282 697717 E: email@example.com
Christmas Opening Times
24th – 26th Dec: Closed
Wed 27th - Sat 30th: 9am – 5pm
31st Dec - 1st Jan: Closed
Monday – Friday: 8.30am – 5.00pm
Saturday: 9am – 5pm
NPM BathroomsManchester Road
BB9 7SJ View Map